August 10, 2013

FALL OUT BOY LIVE IN MANILA 2013

ONE HAPPY BRAT.
One night, yeah, and one more time
Thanks for the memories, thanks for the memories
"See, he tastes like you only sweeter"

I THINK I ONLY HAVE 8 LIVES LEFT.
Put on your war paint

I went to TriNoma last August 8 to attend the meet and greet just because I needed to do something for the day. I didn't tell my mother that I was going to the concert and was on leave. I came to TriNoma past 10 in the morning so I wasn't able to get a stub to have my purchased CD signed. However, I was able to get a pre-signed booklet so it's fine. I wasn't a die hard fan and I think the pre-signed looks better than those who got them signed on site!
We are wild, we are like young volcanoes
I never felt so lost in a sea of fangirls (and fanboys). It was scary. I had binoculars with me so I was fine on where I'm at. It's amazing how this band manages to smile and hug crazy fangirls at the same time without growing crazy. Patrick hugged this girl and he just looked so adorable! Everyone was so happy and crazy. And there I was, LOST. I felt like I was a survivor of Oceanic 815 just after the crash at the shore. There was so much chaos, I wanted to get out. But again, I attended an event intended for fans, so I shouldn't complain. I just became a fan the night before the concert! YEAH.

The war is won
Before it's begun
Release the doves
Surrender love

I met up with Ji and her friends, and later stayed at CBTL. I just hate the fact that you need a membership card just to get through their Wi-Fi. At least I enjoyed my Chai Tea Latte.

Warm drink for a warm afternoon.

Black cat at CBTL.

We were already on queue around 4:30pm. Seems exaggerated, I know, considering that the concert is starts at 8. They say you shouldn't wear a shirt of the band you're going to see, but a lot of fans broke that rule. Too redundant!

Our tickets.


They opened the gen ad early. Some guard tried to extort money from us in exchange for a place at the upper box B. P200 pesos each. Good thing we were able to resist the temptation! I should've took a video of that guard. Anyway, the management eventually allowed those in gen ad to go to the upper box B for free. Good call! But we stayed at the gen ad. The place was good enough for me.

The concert started exactly on time. The opening act was Typecast. I know they're from Laguna and they were famous around mid 2000s, but that's all I know about them. I saw them on MTV quite a few times, and they seem to get a lot of hate then if I remember correctly. They did not get me go excited, but I tried. They just failed. I'm sorry. Those 5 songs nearly killed me. Again, I'm sorry.


Fall Out Boy came in so late. At some point I was scared to know that they'll cancel it. Of course I doubted that they will since they're already in Manila, but I surely know what traffic can do to fail life.


They had a blast for an opening, but it didn't get into me... simply because I didn't know the song and it wasn't catchy enough. Fortunately, The Phoenix got me up to my senses.

So we can take the world back from a heart attack
One maniac at a time we will take it back
You know time crawls on when you're waiting for the song to start
So dance alone to the beat of your heart

SETLIST
Thriller
I Slept With Someone From Fall Out Boy and
All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me
A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a Little More "Touch Me"
Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes
*The Phoenix
*This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race
Alone Together
Watch a Catch, Donnie
Death Valley
*Hum Hallelujah
Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy
Sugar, We're Goin Down
*Young Volcanoes
Dance, Dance
I Don't Care
*My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light 'Em Up)

Bonus
Save Rock and Roll
*Beat It
*Thnks fr th Mmrs
Saturday

(The titles in red are the only ones I know, and those in * are my favorites.)


I've been a Panic! At The Disco fan ever since and they were enough for me. My friend, Dudi introduced FOB's music to me then, but I never really got interested. I know Patrick Stump has a terrific vocals, but every time I see him on MTV years ago, it felt like he's holding back. IDK. I always get confused with Andy and Joe over the years, and Pete... I know him better as Ashley Simpson's husband! I listened to Patrick's Soul Punk home vids the night before the concert, and he had this confidence I never felt before. It was probably because he lost weight and he wore a suit? He sounded awesome. Powerful.

I only used to have one Fall Out Boy song in my playlist. Beat It is a MJ tribute, but that's one revival I felt really good. It's actually better than the original, IMHO. I'm so happy they included it in the setlist.

Back to the concert, I was jumping and moving on my place like crazy. The gen ad area was so spacious we had the place all for ourselves... but there were people behind us who could have moved far but didn't. And I'm actually amused with Joe and Andy. :) Pete was so talkative. Patrick was amazing.
If heaven’s grief brings hell’s rain
Then I’d trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday
I don't care about another concert hangover. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here goes my pre-signed Save Rock and Roll album. My first ever signed CD by a band/celebrity.


(Andy, Patrick, Pete and Joe)

Why do people hate you, Pete?

You look nice here, Patrick.


They have looked mature over the years. I think I like Joe the best.

Andy looks so much better now!

Beautiful.


It's amazing to have Elton John in their album. I have 2CELLOS' album and he's also there. The fact that I've seen him live in concert was amazing. I've never heard Courtney Love until this. I don't think they have saved rock and roll for this album, but I don't care. I love most of the songs.
Say yeah
Let's be alone together
We could stay young forever
We'll stay young, young, young, young, young.
Can I have Panic! At The Disco next? 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I wish! I'm fine with seeing them even from afar. :)
      Hey, you don't like their music because it's too loud and noisy, right?

      Delete
  2. Their music is not too loud or noisy. I like some of their songs too. =)

    ReplyDelete